The 214-acre project area is adjacent to the San Marcos Creek, with these boundaries:
- West San Marcos Boulevard to the north
- Grand Avenue to the east
- Via Vera Cruz to the west
- Discovery Avenue to the south
New Features and Amenities
- Raised roadway and bridges over the creek (at Bent Avenue and Via Vera Cruz) to reduce flooding and enhance safety
- Widened Discovery Street to four lanes with a bike lane on the south side
- Additional sidewalks and bike facilities
- New community park with spaces for recreation and relaxation
- 1.5 miles of restored and preserved creek habitat
- Outreach: We’re committed to keeping you informed throughout construction and will start providing more regular updates in late 2019.
- Construction Contractor: We’re in the process of selecting the team who will lead the project’s construction. We expect this to be finalized in the fall of 2019 upon approval by our City Council.
- Construction Activities: Once a contractor has been chosen, preliminary work like moving equipment to the site will begin. Active construction is tentatively planned to start in early 2020 and will last two years.
Sign Up to Receive Project Updates
- Text: Text the keyword SMCreek to 484848 to sign up for text updates.
- Email: To sign up for emailed project updates, visit www.san-marcos.net/alerts and select “Creek Project.”
- Call the project hotline for more information at 877-SMCREEK or 877-762-7335.
- Email us at email@example.com